About RecyclingPer city Ordinance 1997-37, all residential households must participate in the city’s system of collection and disposal of recyclable materials. Each new household is responsible for registering with the Portage County Recycling Center to commence service. Each household shall receive one toter upon registration. The bins are the property of the city and should remain with the property. The existing contract remains in force until 12/31/2018. Customer Service may be reached at 330-678-8808 from 7:30 am to 4 pm.
- Use the blue toter provided to you.
- Place recyclables at curb before 7 a.m. on the day of scheduled pickup.
- Pickup delayed on New Years, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas holidays if the holiday falls on a pickup date, Monday through Friday.
- Make payment timely. The annual fee of $31.20 shall be assessed to property tax if not paid before August 1. An invoice is sent out in the spring of each year.
- Call customer service for direction on disposal of hazardous material or items not on the city’s acceptable list of recyclables, and to register complaints or concerns.
Acceptable paper products:
- Loose newspapers
- Flattened cardboard, no large than 3 feet by 3 feet
- Junk mail, office paper, paper bags, food boxes
- Loose catalogs, magazines, phone books
Acceptable plastics, cans, bottles, glass:
- Plastic bottles, tubs & jars (rinsed, lids removed)
- Glass jars, aluminum, tin, steel or aerosol cans (rinsed, labels removed)
- Ceramics or dishes
- Food waste
- Motor oil containers
- Plastic grocery bags
- Household hazardous waste
- Window glass, mirrors or light bulbs
Other Disposal Options
|Item||Service Station / Tips|
Used motor oil only (no more than 5 gallons)
|Used Printer Cartridges Drop Off||